2.13.2005

Back to the blog ... and becoming a pre-candidate

It's been a long time since I've written. Not that anyone's reading this blog anyway. And not so sure how I'd feel if people did read it.

This afternoon I drove up to Bellevue to meet with the vocation and formation directors of the
Sisters of St Joseph of Peace to talk next steps.

Long story short, my discernment has reached the point where it's time to start discerning whether I'm called to religious life in the context of a particular community. And there's something about this group of fun dedicated women, working to for justice and to spread the gospel of peace. Whereas every Star Wars book and movie has the line, "I have a bad feeling about this," I can honestly say I have a very GOOD feeling about this. There's just something about the groovy csjp sisters. Helps me make much more sense of what God might be calling me to.

We'll see. Stay tuned. If I'm brave I'll try to post how this new stage of discernment goes. For now, it's basically the same as being an "inquirer," except that I've expressed an interest in discerning with this community and I'm supposed to meet monthly with my contact person.

Pretty darn cool.

No comments: