2.14.2005

God breaks through ... Part II

Yesterday I took myself on a drive to the oregon coast. The weather forecast was for rainy and cloudy skies, but I knew that's where I needed to be. When I got there, the sun was shining. The sky was blue. The ocean was, well, the ocean in all its majesty, glory and humor. I've always found something playful in the movement of the waves on the rocks.

As I walked on the beach I felt God's love in every ounce of my being. There's just something about the ocean, it's impossible for me not to listen to God there. Perhaps that's why it was on a similar solitary walk on the coast that I first clearly felt this call to religious life … which I promptly ignored for another 4 years. When you feel such love, your natural reaction is to want to respond, to give back. To love tenderly.

Fitting for this valentine's day I suppose.

I mailed off my official request to start my pre-candidacy. A preliminary step, but my first "formal" step on this journey. Still seems to be the right thing to do in the place and time.

No comments: