6.19.2005

sometimes i think

Sometimes I think there’s something to this whole crazy vocation thing.

Got an e-mail from a couple who heard a presentation I gave this spring at the archdiocese peace & justice conference. Turns out they were inspired and are going to start a local pax christi chapter in their community! They were inspired by me! How crazy is that!

And then there are the simpler ways I’m being called to be present to friends in need. Yes we’re all called to that I think, but I’ve been seeing what gifts I can bring to these situations.

Of course I’m still figuring out exactly what type(s) of ministry I’m called to. I have some vague concepts that involve inspiring people and working for justice and peace and using my bureaucratic skills and just being a prayerful presence. But it’s still pretty vague. No hurry I suppose…. Still nice to get those little affirmations.

3 comments:

Regina said...

I also think, Susan, that doors will open along your path of discernment, not only of your vocation but your place in your vocation... if you get my meaning. The Lord is so good in gently nudging us right where we should be or where he wants us to be, that it kind of takes all the guess work out of it... and that's a relief, I think. It also sounds like you have so much to offer, so limiting yourself to just one ministry may not be what God wants-at least right now. It's exciting,though, letting the Lord work through you and in you... I am praying for you the whole way!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I'm not too worried about it. But it is something I need to revive my discernment about!

I started out trying to discern my gifts and call to ministry. I got sidtracked (wonderfully) onto this religious life path. Time to go back and look at my gifts/ministry discernment I think.

And I do have a feeling that I will be called on to do a number of ministries over the years. Just a hunch!

~pen~ said...

yay!! what cool affirmation that must have been for you!

i just get excited when i am obedient to listen to the Lord and can hear His voice. that's pretty cool.