8.16.2005

time

You know, I’ve just not been feeling centered lately. I had an "aha" moment today on my way to mass where I realized that as I get busier, I find less time for two things – exercise and prayer. I don’t cut them out of my routine, but they get less time allotted to them. And then I wonder why I feel anxious or tired or whatever the non-centered feeling is. It can compound itself, so I’m taking notice and taking action. It’s 9:45 pm. I just got back from a pastoral council meeting. I’m turning off the computer. Putting in the yoga video. Then some quiet time for meditation before bed. We’ll see if my theory is correct.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Turning off the computer? What does that mean?
Okay, just kidding. You make a very good point.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan - you and me too. I have finally had to recognize that if I skip prayer I'm in for an awful day - all jagged and anxious and full of stress. This happened this week - had worked late one night, got up late the next day, and hurried myself to work, where I proceeded to be miserable. I remembered at some point in that day that this was what my whole life used to feel like. It doesn't seem to matter much how I pray, but spending that half hour is now essential to my being.

Peace,
Susan