10.21.2005

more music

Soundtrack to the last post ... "A Minor Incident" by Badly Drawn Boy from the "About a Boy" soundtrack. There was a time when this song was more than just my inner deejay, it was my inner soundtrack and played over and over and over again. Now it just makes me teary in a happy sad kind of way.

There's nothing I could say
To make you try to feel ok
And nothing you could do
To stop me feeling the way I do
And if the chance should happen
That I never see you again
Just remember that I'll always love you

I'd be a better person
On the other side I'm sure
You'd find a way to help yourself
And find another door
To shrug off minor incidents
And make us both feel proud
I just wish I could be there
To see you through

You always were the one
To make us stand out in a crowd
Though every once upon a while
Your head was in the cloud
There's nothing you could never do
To ever let me down
And remember that I'll always love you

I'm not being very productive at work today. Doesn't help that I'm the only one in my corner of the office. Or that I just got hit by a big wave of missing my mom :( ... It does get easier, but it does not ever really go away.

2 comments:

seeking_something said...

I'm sorry you lost your mom so early in your life. Sounds like you guys had a great relationship. May the goofier of the memories make you laugh.

StBlog said...

My wife has been gone 10 years now - she simply died in her sleep just shy of her 45th birthday and our 21 anniversary. Our daughter got married last year, had a baby boy this year.
Yeah, missing Mom hasn't really gotten easier either.