10.14.2005

revgalblogpal friday five

1) The weather in your location:
Partly cloudy so far here on this Friday morning in Seattle. 40% chance of rain this afternoon. 80% chance this evening.

2) Where you are typing this:
South Seattle Community College library computer, believe it or not! I'm biding my time while my fellow groovy-sister-to-be Hellen is in class. Kind of fun to be on a college computer again. Speaking of, I was wondering the other day how I managed to write a 60 page thesis (in 1994) on a teeny tiny Classic Mac screen. Kids today don't know how easy they have it!!! And I had to walk uphill both ways through a snow storm to the computer lab too :)

3) Where you might like to be sitting if you could be anywhere:
In the library at the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport Oregon, cozied up in a comfy chair with a cup of tea watching the waves come in.

4) A chore you have to do this weekend:
Nothing!!!!! Well, after Hellen gets out of class we're headed to the airport to pick up the East Coast contingent of groovy-sisters-to-be (Sue & Dorothy). That's sort of a chore, but not really because I'm so excited to meet them!

5) Something delightful you will do or would like to do this weekend:
Let me count the ways. Spend time with some very cool women. Celebrate two women's profession of vows. Welcome 3 new associates to the community (lay people who bring the community's charisms to their daily lives). Have fun and laugh. Pray together. Feel at home. What more could I ask?

Thanks to Songbird for such a great Friday Five! Easy and happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I wanna do it... but I'm already logged out of my blog and don't have time to post it, so here goes:

1) The weather in your location:
Low 50, High 72. Foggy, mostly cloudy.

2) Where you are typing this:
At the reference desk at the library where I work.

3) Where you might like to be sitting if you could be anywhere:
On the beach in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. Or on the Muskegon beach on Michigan's west coast in summer. Or in my car on the way down to see Sr. Steph in Ferdinand... which I will be in about 5 minutes!

4) A chore you have to do this weekend:
Drive 5-6 hours to Ferdinand and back.

5) Something delightful you will do or would like to do this weekend:
Spending the weekend at the Benedictine Life Weekend in Ferdinand with Sr. Steph and her OSB's.

Time to go! Yay!