10.22.2005

yes I did but ...

Well I did in fact pass 8th grade math. No thanks to my natural mathematical ability or the disputed teaching skills of Sr. Carl. I memorized my way through it. I never understood how anything worked, but I could memorize how to do it. Apparently 19 years later I still remember 80%!

But like my friend Barbie, I think math is hard. In high school I was in National Honors Society. Part of the deal was you had to tutor a younger student. They looked at my math grades and decided I should tutor a 9th grader in math. I begged for English or Social Studies or even Religion (!), but no it was math. Poor kid. He started out a C student. By the time I was through with him, he was failing. You see, if you don't understand something it's kind of hard to explain it to someone else!!!



You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 8/10 correct!
Props to Natty for this one.

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

Yeah, I'm with you. My basic math teacher was also the calculus teacher. He couldn't explain something as "trivial" as basic math to someone like me so I struggled and struggled. I passed his class, but ONLY because he graded on a curve.

Oh, the horror!!!