11.14.2005

Monday morning browsings

It's Monday. I've got a night meeting for work so will be here for the next 10 hours or so. Finding it hard to find my motivation, and so I share my Monday morning browsings.

Omis has an interesting post on a visit to an Tridentine Rite liturgy.

My local paper has an article on the Oregon Jesuits province facing their own bevy of child abuse lawsuits. The sad part about this article was reading that a Jesuit I've always liked when he's said mass around town has been accused of molesting a teenage girl 20+ years ago. Sad if it's true. Sad if it's not true. Just sad.

Pat Robertson tells us "Don't Turn to God." Apparently all that business in scripture about God being overjoyed at the return of the one lost sheep has no meaning and God holds a grudge if you don't agree with what people say he says.

On a happier note, Michelle also was amused by Homer last night. I loved seeing Marge & Bart on a bicycle built for two myself.

A has a quote from G.K. Chesterton: " Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair. "

Which leads me to share a favorite quote of mine from the first Groovy Sister, Margaret Anna Cusack: "As long as your Christianity is merely theoretical, they are all very well pleased with you, but once they find you are practical in carrying it out, they part company from you, angrily or scornfully, as their dispositions incline them."

On that note, off to work for me! Hoping to bring a little practical Christianity to my daily bureaucratic duties Maybe that can be my motivation today. :)

1 comment:

Steve Bogner said...

The quotes you mention remind me of a similar one from Dom Helder Camarra, an archbishop from Brazil. During the 60's or 70's there he said something like 'When I feed the poor they call me a saint; when I ask why they are poor they call me a communist.'