11.29.2005

Ms. Day's Day



Dorothy Day
11/8/1897 - 11/29/1980

"Whenever I groan within myself and think how hard it is to keep writing about love in these times of tension and strife which may, at any moment, become for us all a time of terror, I think to myself: What else is the world interested in? What else do we all want, each one of us, except to love and be loved, in our families, in our work, in all our relationships? God is Love. Love casts out fear. Even the most ardent revolutionist, seeking to change the world, to overturn the tables of the money changers, is trying to make a world where it is easier for people to love, to stand in that relationship to each other…There can never be enough of it."

Source: "Meditations" by Dorothy Day via Bruderhoff Peacebuilders Guide

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a giant in my book. Thanks for remembering today.
Peace

soul-seeker said...

She is my hero. I watched a movie about her life recently and I really look up to her.