12.28.2005

year in review

My local weekly paper has the following cover story - "What pissed you off in 2005?".

I could easily come up with that list. Certain national figures and natural disasters come to mind. But instead, I want to think about "What were the unexpected blessings in my life in 2005."

I'm going to think about that today and will post my list later.

If you want to do the same, my comment box is open.

Peace Out,
Susan


UPDATE

Ok, so here's my (partial) list of 2005's unexpected blessings … I'm sure I'll think of more.
  • Realizing that there was indeed a religious community out there for me.
  • My Dad offering to help pay off my debt so I could enter novitiate this century.
  • Getting to trick-or-treat with my godson & his brother and witnessing them politely taking turns with their friend on who got to ring the doorbell at each house.
  • Going on my groovy-sister-safari with fellow candidate Hellen this past summer. We got to know a few of our Sisters who live in farther off places.
  • Spending a really fun "girl-day" with my friend C and her sister K when C was visiting from Montana this fall. Brunch. Shopping. Movie.
  • My little niece Elizabeth calling me to tell me she was going to be a big sister.
  • Making bloggy friends and rediscovering a love of writing through my daily blogging practice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess my number #1 unexpected blessing of 2005 has been...The Roman Catholic Church. :)

Whooda thunk....

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I posted my list here. This was a great suggestion for looking at the year!

Katie said...

Susan, you are a blessing to me too! It is wonderful to see you go through this transformation.