1.02.2006

pondering life's specific questions

It is hard to believe but I’m almost half way through my year of candidacy! I’ve got a self-reflection with my mentor and formation director coming up at the end of the month. I have received some reflection questions in the mail, and have about 2 weeks to write something up in advance of the meeting.

They are good questions, worthy of some reflection. The easy question would be "How is candidacy going," to which I would respond "Great, although the driving is tough." Deeper questions get more to the transformation that is taking place.

I’m going to be spending the time I would normally spend pondering on this here blog pondering in my heart and more personal reflection spaces over the next week or two. So if I’m scarce, you know why.

I must say my mind returns again and again to a line from yesterday’s Gospel: "As for Mary, she treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19). Truly a model for the life of faith

3 comments:

andrea said...

Would you consider posting the list of questions you're thinking about?

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I thought about it, then decided against it. But why not. So long as you realize the answers will probably not make there way to the blog - at least not directly!

Charism: How do you undersand our CSJP mission to work for peace through justice?

Community: Describe your experience of community since beginning candidacy. Describe challenges you have encountered in your living of community. Describe how you have contributed to your local community in service and participation.

Prayer life & Personal Growth: Describe your daily rhythm of prayer and reflection. Describe opportunities you have had for personal growth/spiritual/theological input during your candidacy.

Ministry: Describe how you express the CSJP mission in your ministry and activities of daily life.

Hopes & Goals: What areas of growth do you feel you need to focus on for the next stage of candidacy? Do you have any major concerns at this point in your journey? Is there anything else you would like to share?

I've decided to actually ponder these in my heart for a few days before putting any thoughts down in the written word.

andrea said...

Thanks for sharing those. May your pondering go well.