5.29.2006

Oh ... to be so groovy at age 91

Sr. Susan is doing a stellar job keeping the groovy CSJP website up to date. Today I discovered a link via the website to an article in the Seattle Catholic paper about one of our sisters. Sr. Rose will be celebrating 70 years as a Sister of St Joseph of Peace next year. She's 91, and she is "thinking" of taking it easy one of these days.


At age 91, Sister Rose Donohoe of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace remains a woman in motion. Six days a week she brings the Eucharist to as many as 30 people in the homes, hospitals and nursing facilities served by Visitation Parish. She’ll perform errands for them, do small housekeeping tasks, fix meals, pick up medications and deliver groceries. ...

Asked last week why she doesn’t take it easy, she replied, “I’m beginning to tell myself I should stop what I’m doing and go and do some praying or do some visiting or something else; or go back to the motherhouse.” A couple of questions later, however, and she acknowledges her “health is good” and she likes “to work in the parishes.”
Read the rest.


Oh to be so groovy (and energetic!) at age 91.

3 comments:

PV said...

wow...groovy sister indeed...wish you same Susan.:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Susan!
You have discovered the wonderful Sr. Rose! What a pip!
I pray your journey into the life of a novice and onward is both glorious and full of knowledge and deepened wisdom into what it means to be a person of peace.
Wishing you well! Hoping to meet you.
I am currently pursuing the "contemplative stance" as mentioned in our CSJP Constitutions here in the mountains of North Carolina --the OLP Province certainly has expanded since I became an associate in 1998!
In October it will be a year since I entered this hermitage to discover this aspect of peace making.
However, I am really looking forward to returning to Seattle in late July for the workshop on Deepening our Contemplative Life at St. Mary's.
Isn't this community of women lively and wonderful? They are the ones that keep me on my toes in the Catholic faith. Love each of them so much, especially Sister Rose.
Lindy Orlin CSJP-A

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Thanks for the comment Lindy!! I hope to meet you soon as well.

Blessings of Peace,
Susan