6.11.2006

reality check

My unexpected (car accident caused) weekend in Portland meant that I was able to go to a baby shower for my friends J & G. They're adopting a baby and are flying to Ethiopia to pick her up on Saturday!!!

We had an outdoor bbq at a friends house. Towards the end of the afternoon, more than one person said "It's hot out here." Or, "Is it me or is it humid today?". The general consensus was that it was really muggy. Hot and humid.

Now keep in mind, many of those in attendance should know what this means. We had former residents of DC, North Carolina, Chicago and Indiana at the party. I feel all gross and in need of a shower myself after a day in the humid elements.

I just checked the weather conditions ... 74 degrees and 52% humidity. Granted the humidity is usually nonexistant, but I know from my DC childhood (much of which was unairconditioned) that this is nothing.

I am so in trouble heading back East to the land of hazy, hot & humid if I think this is bad! Although I suppose it's all relative and you get acclimated to your climate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want humidity, check out KY! There will be days this summer when the humidity will be nearly 100%. Now, that's yucky!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, it hasn't been humid at all in NY so far this June! I've hardly turned on my A/C. So maybe it won't be so bad!