7.15.2006

further dream analysis

I just woke up really tired from a super busy dream where I was babysitting and playing with my goddaughter and her brother and my godson and his brother. I was visiting friends in the hospital. I was planning parties for friends’ birthdays and other big life events. And then I was babysitting some more.

Hmmmmm…. me thinks I’m having some separation anxiety? The thing is, I know my friends are having separation anxiety as well, and for them in a way it’s harder. I’m moving forward on a path I know is right to new and exciting things. Life will continue forward for them as well, but in a month and 2 weeks I won’t be around anymore as a regular part of their daily lives.

Good to recognize, both for myself and for the affect my departure will have on those I love here in Portland. Good to think of it is a “see you later” rather than a goodbye. These special people will always be in my heart. I will be with them in prayer. I will keep in touch via phone and e-mail. And I will see them again soon.

Tricky business this following Jesus thing. But then again, no one said I would be easy!

Now I think I’ll go to mass and then a big long walk to get some energy I think on this Saturday morning. I had plans to start tackling my projects at home, but I think I need a quiet day, or at least a quiet morning.

Have a good weekend all!

Susan

No comments: