8.14.2008

planning

I am a planner by nature ... I don't like to be stressed or rushed, and so I try to plan enough time to get things done and enough time to rest and enjoy life. I must say, I'm very appreciative of my planning self at this exact moment.

You see, working backwards ....

I start my new ministry in Seattle on Monday, September 8th.

I fly to Seattle Tuesday, September 2nd. (Which gives me a few days to settle in).

I go on vacation Aug 25 - 29. (I'm spending the days at our retreat house by the shore - my plan is to read, swim and write.)

I go on retreat Aug 16 (Saturday!) - 23. (I'm headed back to the same place I went last year - same director too!).

Which is why I'm happy that I packed and shipped my last boxes today. I've still got some odds and ends to do, but for the most part I can now enter into these days of retreat and vacation fairly worry free. Of course, I can't plan what will happen on retreat - that's up to the Holy Spirit. But I am grateful to my planning self to put my retreat and vacation at the end of this summer. I think it's a good way to transition from the life of the Novitiate House to the life of active ministry and temporary vows.

Speaking of, for those who have been wondering, the big day is October 11th. We met during Chapter to plan our ceremony. There will be three of us professing vows, and I think we managed to craft a liturgy that fits all of us.

Exciting times!

No comments: