9.09.2008

Gourment PB&J and a new job

I'm back to packing a lunch to take with me to work. For now anyway, I'm sticking with an old standby favorite .... peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Except for one big difference .... I am now lucky enough to be living somewhere where one of our amazingly talented and generous Sisters stocks our dining room with an assortment of gourmet homemade jams & jellies! All made by her of course. So far I've tried the blackberry, raspberry, and Oregon grape on my sandwiches (Oregon grape is for tomorrow!).

There are more exotic varieties as well, although so far I've saved those for toast in the morning. Sadly, the ginger marmalade is gone. :( .... but when I was making my sandwich for tomorrow, I saw that there's a new jar of rhubarb/pineapple!

For the curious, the new job - at day 2 - is going well. I'm thinking that for professional and ethical reasons, I'm going to return to my old personal ban on writing specifically about my place of employment here on the blog. This approach served me well in my bureaucratic days. I think it's a good idea for my justice ministry as well. I may reference various justice issues and projects we're working on, but that's about it.

That's not to say I won't write anything about my personal ministry experiences - just not too many specifics. But in general terms, as I say it's going very well. The first day was lots of information - first days are always hard. I was so tired when I came home! Today I managed to accomplish some things which made me feel much better. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is always a good sign!

So far, the commute isn't too bad either crossing the Lake each day. Hopefully that will remain to be true!

Hope things are going well in your respective necks of the woods!

1 comment:

Kelly_SSJ said...

Just thought I would say hello. I am glad to hear things are going well. :) keep enjoying the jelly...you'll have to pass along other reccomended flavors for tasting. We have an amish shop that sells different flavors. I'm not sure I reccomend the mint jelly that I've had on lamb.