10.12.2008

The Love

On a day when I responded to God who first loved me, it is appropriate that I felt VERY loved by family, friends and community.

After the liturgy, we had a reception. After the reception, my family, friends & I went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. We ate family style. My worlds -- family, college friends, parish friends, community -- intermixed and I think it's safe to say that everyone had a great time. Interspersed throughout the evening were toasts and songs which I wish had been taped.

I do have the note cards that my brother and sister used to sing a song to the tune of "White Wedding" by Billy Idol. Enjoy ....

Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister you've gone and become a nun!
Hey little sister God's your superman
Hey little sister you professed your vows
Hey little Sister Susan!

It's a nice day to start again.
It's a nice day for CSJP.
It's a nice day to say first vows.

Hey little sister look who you're with
Hey little sister it's your vow and wish
Hey little sister Susan (oh yeah)
Hey little sister God's your superman
Hey little Sister Susan!

It's a nice day to start again (come on)
It's a nice day for CSJP
It's a nice day to say first vows.

You've been out west for so long (so long)
You've been on this quest for so long (so long)
We wish you the best with this song
We give you our love with this song

It's a nice day to start again (come on)
It's a nice day for CSJP
It's a nice day to say first vows
It's a nice day for CSJP
It's a nice day for Sister Susan!

Wow! Bloggy friend Katy (aka one fun nun) talks about vowey-wowies. I think I now know what she means.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I certainly had a great time! It was wonderful to finally meet your other siblings and father after all this time. And, to catch up with others. It was a beautiful day, inside and out!

Sr.Nicole Trahan said...

Thanks for sharing! It sounds like a fabulous celebration! May you continue to bask in the joy!

The Ironic Catholic said...

Congrats!!!!!! Many blessings on you today, Susan!

And a takeoff on White Wedding for First Vows. That's truly hysterical!