4.13.2009

Reflections from Younger Religious

During these days in which we celebrate new life, the Giving Voice website will be featuring reflections on religious life from younger women religious. (Giving Voice is the organization created by and for younger women religious). I was asked to contribute the reflection for Easter Monday:
“Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce the news to his disciples.” (Matthew 28:8)
When I began my journey into religious life, I often found myself reflecting on the experience of the two Marys. On one level, I was a wee bit fearful of making such a radical shift. But at the exact same moment, I found myself filled with a wonder and joy that sometimes stopped me in my tracks, and yet propelled me forward. (Read more...)
Visit the Giving Voice website to read the rest of my reflection and keep checking in throughout the Easter Season for other perspectives from younger women religious.

No comments: