5.25.2009

Memorial Day Thoughts

First of all, I cannot believe that it is already memorial day!!! Can it already be the unofficial beginning of summer?? We're having beautiful weather here in Seattle, which makes it easier to believe. I've been spending a quiet weekend at home, getting to some delayed spring cleaning and other projects. This afternoon we had a simple bbq here at groovy sister hq ... this afternoon I'm invited to another bbq at one of our houses in Seattle. Then a two day work week, then 5 days at the ocean with some of our Sisters and Associates. I'm feeling very blessed.

I also didn't want to let the day go by without remembering all those who have lost their lives in armed conflict - members of the military and civilians. The number of lives lost to war is most likely too high to count if you included all time and all places.

Please join me this memorial day in praying that peace may come to our global family.

No comments: