6.20.2009

Solidarity

Last night I attended a candlelight vigil for the situation in Iran. It was a moving experience, one of being in solidarity not only with the brave people of Iran continuing to voice their desire for fair elections but also in solidarity with the diaspora - Iranians living in this country worried about their loved ones at home. Last year I was living in community with one of my Sisters who is from Kenya, as the post-election violence and turmoil took place in her country. We were able to be there for her at that time, but I know it was so painful for her to be so far away.

Please join me in praying for peace in Iran and around the world and for the safety, strength and courage of all people committed to social change and justice through nonviolent action.



No comments: