7.16.2009

Vacation Missive #2

Today is the last full day of vacation with my friend Kathy. Tomorrow she's going to drive me to San Rafael (by way of Sausalito for lunch) where I'll start my annual retreat.

We spent the day in San Francisco at the California Academy of Sciences at Golden Gate Park. Saw a movie at the all digital Planetarium about our Fragile Planet ... which interestingly ended with a message about the responsibility we humans have for protecting life. Sigourney Weaver was the narrator ... also interesting.

Saw lots of fishes ...


Walked through the "rain forest" ...


Checked out the living roof ...


They had an interesting Climate Change exhibit, including a wall where you could add your own ideas for protecting the planet from climate change. Turns out, they've got an interactive wall on the web too! Add your ideas here.

I must say, especially after seeing so many amazing varieites of sea life in the aquarium adapted to their climates and full of color and loads of special "features," I couldn't help but think that our creator God is pretty amazing! Hope (and pray) we humans don't mess it up too badly ...

No comments: