2.14.2010

Lent is coming ....

Lent is coming ..... are you ready?

I've always loved Lent. Well, let me rephrase. In my adult Catholic life, I've always loved Lent. As a kid I don't think I ever got it. It was all about giving up. Now it's an amazing ritualized invitation to check in with God. To see how I might be straying from the God & human relationship-building life I aspire to. To be present and intentional. To be still, and know that God is God and I am not. Easter is pretty awesome too, but before that we have Lent.

I've got a spiritual direction appointment tomorrow, which is perfectly scheduled (by chance) for the week of Ash Wednesday. I used to always take Ash Wednesday off from work. My schedule won't allow that luxury this time. But that doesn't mean I can't begin my intentional Lenten Journey. Stay tuned for the publicly consumable bits ....

No comments: