2.03.2010

on communication

I'm giving two presentations today ... one to 8th graders on human trafficking, then a theology on tap on Justice this evening with young adults. Who knew there was so much public speaking involved in being a nun? :)

Good thing I made myself go through Toastmasters all those years ago and get over my public speaking issues. Sort of, it's still not my favorite thing and makes me nervous, but I somehow save up all my stress until AFTER I've spoken. Seriously.


You Communicate Clearly



You're the type of person who thinks before you talk. You speak in an ordered, insightful, and concise way.

You speak authoritatively and with conviction. If you take the time to say something, you stand behind it.

You only say what you need to. You believe that your words are strongest when they're not diluted.

When you have a lot to say, you map out your words ahead of time. You prefer to speak in bullet points.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister, as you are talking to these various groups remember you and Jesus are doing the talking. He will be there and not let things go to far off.