7.29.2010

On Retreat

Just as I started getting back into the swing of things and blogging regularly, I'm taking a break until August 15th.

First I'm off to spend a week with my Dad who has been facing some medical issues. Please keep my Dad in your prayers.

Then I'm off to our amazingly beautiful Stella Maris Retreat Center on the Jersey Shore for a silent directed retreat. As the monkey representing me says, I'm off to spend some time with God and the Ocean. One of my favorite things about religious life is that I'm required to spend a week on retreat each week. It is such an amazing gift to have this time of quiet reflection built into my yearly schedule. This year especially, I need this time.

See you all in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I agree with your love of having a yearly retreat. Mine will be in October and I can't wait--seems so long since last summer!

I'll have the sisters in our house pray for your dad.

couponboa said...

We need to take a break at times, and, I hope such hibernation helps us to consolidate and resume with greater enthusiasm. I hope you will return to blogosphere shortly.

Peace and blessings,
couponboa