4.08.2011

community time - spring assembly edition


Twice a year we gather--Sisters & Associates--in our three regional centers for prayer, conversation and celebration. We call these weekends "assemblies" and they are such sacred time. As our Sisters are fond of saying, something "of God" happens when we come together. It's part homecoming, part think tank, part prayer power house, part social justice laboratory, part something I can't quite put my finger on.

It was at my first assembly more than 6 years ago that I thought yes, this might be where God was calling me. On the drive home I realized that my face hurt--from smiling, my stomach hurt--from laughing, and my heart was filled with peace and joy. Each time we gather, that feeling only gets stronger.

Today I was at groovy sister hq helping to get things set up for our Assembly weekend. A group of us then went out for our 2nd Annual pre-Spring Assembly Bowling Extravaganza. As you can tell from the picture, we had a great time.


No comments: