6.05.2013

Founders Day

Today is a feast day in my religious congregation. In 1899 on this day, our founder Margaret Anna Cusack, known in religion as Mother Francis Clare, breathed her last.

It was a blessing to join with our CSJP Congregation Novitiate community today to celebrate this special day. This morning we prayed a special prayer in our office book for Margaret Anna. It was moving and I felt her presence. Sister Alexine, my former London housemate and now congregation novice director, created a lovely prayer space in the chapel.

This afternoon we went out for a celebratory feast day meal before I headed on a train back to Birmingham for the first leg of my journey back to Chicago.

These two week with our CSJP UK region has been very special. The time has both flown by and yet not. Perhaps it is all the deep conversations and renewed connections that contribute to that quality. In any case, my visit is almost over. Hopefully I will not have to wait another six years to come back to this side of the pond.

No comments: