9.29.2013

Sometimes (a poem prayer)

Sometimes I and maybe you
too feel
tired
alone
anxious
overwhelmed
or discombobulated.
Or even a mix of
two or three or four or
more.
That's me today. No
thing. Nothing major.
Just life
at this moment in time and space
as it intersects with
other people's
time and space.
Sometimes
it takes
some more
time and space
for me
to realize,
remember,
and embrace
that I am not alone.
Not alone in feeling this mix of who knows what.
Not alone in this
crazy thing called life
(as a man once again known as Prince once sang).
Not alone at all.
Sometimes I need
to take time
and find space
to remember all of that.
To remember you
my friend,
my friends,
known and unknown
not alone at all.
Sometimes I need to
just accept
me
and what is in front of me.
But always
in the end
eventually
I return
to the more,
the love,
the all
that makes things tick
and gives meaning.
The more, the love, the all
who is always
present,
Presence,
Gift.
Sometimes
(or is it always?)
opening myself
to the more, the Love, the all
is all I need.

No comments: