2.16.2014

Blessings amidst the busyness

My life has been very busy of late, as evidenced by the very light blogging of late. Classes started again this week. I am really looking forward to spending the semester learning and reflecting on spirituality and leadership, Catholic moral teaching and public policy, and women, poverty and global justice. Each topic touches on where the proverbial rubber hits the road in a faith that does justice and seeks peace.
Community life is also busy as we move towards our general chapter in September. I had a great visit with our sisters last week. I am headed back next month for our assembly. There are lots of thinks to ponder and pray about in terms of our future direction. I also had fun this week and helped create a Csjp Twitter account. You can follow us @SistersofPeace.
This weekend I am in Florida for the annual in person meeting of the Giving Voice Core Team. We do most of our work creating spaces and opportunities for younger women religious to network and build relationships at a distance via Skype. We get an amazing amount done that way. But something amazing also happens when we are together. Please pray that we are inspired by and open to the spirit this weekend during our planning retreat.
One of our team members lives in Florida, so the rest of us escaped snow to meet here. After arriving late last night after a very full day of classes and travel, I set my alarm so I could wake up for the sunrise. It was so worth it, even if I got less than three hours of sleep.
For all the blessings in the midst of the busyness, let the church (and blogosphere) say AMEN!

No comments: