9.24.2014

Theology Quotes: Rosemary Radford Reuther

I'm digging back into the research for my MA thesis. My working title is "Human Trafficking as Social Sin: An Ethic of Resistance." Next week I am going to start writing, but for now I'm finishing up reading on social sin.  One of my sources led me to look back at Rosemary Radford Reuther's classic text, Sexism and God Talk: Toward a Feminist Theology.  She of course is writing (rightly) specifically about the social sin of sexism, but it applies to all "isms" and forms of social sin.

I especially appreciate how she both draws distinctions and makes the connection between individual responsibility and the systemic nature of social sin. Change begins with us, here and now, in our relationships with God, self, and other through our choices and identity as authentic human persons.


No comments: