3.27.2005

Easter Blessings

Easter Blessings to all!!! Christ is Risen!!!! Triddum Holy Week Services at my parish were wonderful and full of much meaning for me.

Holy Thursday was special – one of my favorite moments of the whole liturgical year. The washing of the feet (as a pastoral council member I got to person one of the foot washing stations this year). So moving to assist as parishioners wash each others’ feet. Also the 25th Anniversary of Oscar Romero’s assasination which my pastor folded fittingly into his homily And then the procession of the Eucharist to the tabernacle. "Stay with me. Remain here with me. Watch and pray. Watch and pray."

Good Friday evening services continued the journey. I helped to carry in the cross with some fellow Peace & Justice Commission members. I was again moved to tears watching the parish process for their moment to venerate the cross. So simple and so powerful.

I spent this morning in full "Church Lady" mode, decorating the Church. My friend Diana and I have been the "Easter Lilly" ladies the last few years. On a side note, I read in the Oregonian yesterday that 90% of the world's Easter Lilly bulbs are grown right here in Oregon! Who knew?

Then this evening, Easter Vigil. Long, yes. But amazing. Many baptisms and confirmations. I was so moved during the liturgy of the word, in the dark, hearing the light of the word of God. The thought, the feeling that came to me was "Yes Lord I believe. Help me in my unbelief."

Another Easter. My own personal journey with God. In the context of my community. In the company of Christians around the world. And in the tradition of Christians since that day when Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and found that her master, her Rabbonai was indeed risen.

So amazing. I hope your Easter has been grace filled.

Peace & Easter Joy!
Susan

1 comment:

~pen~ said...

i am so late in responding and i really hope you don't mind, but how cool is it that you are discerning the religious life? wow!!! i am so excited for you!

our presider said at the Easter vigil (which i have not missed once since i converted 10 years ago) that "this is no criticism to your family or friends or other Catholics or Christians we know...but if they all realized the significance of tonight, this and all other churches around us would be filled to overflowing."

long mass, yes, but i hate when it ends. i feel like i am at the foot of His cross during the readings and like a child, want to say "just one more?"

peace and blessings to you.
penni