3.08.2005

What kind of mirror am I?

Just got back from my parish reconciliation service. Not to rehash my personal journey here towards reconciliation – that can stay between me, God and the priest.

But some thoughts nonetheless. The examination of conscious really hit me, especially this part:

What kind of witness am I to members of God’s family?
Am I a mirror in which others can see themselves as God’s sees them?
By my words and actions are others drawn closer to God?

Not always, that’s for sure. What a wonderful image to use … am I a mirror, reflecting God’s love? Or am I just reflecting myself back to myself. Sometimes that’s the case. I’ve certainly noticed it lately.
Recognition is the first step I suppose. And prayer. And good friends who can reflect back who I am to me, so that I can work on it.

No comments: