3.11.2005

Hanging out with the groovy sisters

In case you're wondering, the "groovy sisters" is my code name for the Sisters I'm getting to know (and considering joining) ... the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. They are an international congregation with 3 provinces ... one in England/Ireland (where they were started by Margaret Anna Cusack), one on the East Coast in New Jersey, and one on the West Cost in Washington State.

I'm headed up North for the CSJP Spring Province Assembly this weekend. This will be my first community experience since I became a pre-candidate. Should be fun, and hopefully a further confirmation of the rightness of this first step. And as an added bonus, I now have a "box" that I fit into! Rather than being introduced as "This is Susan. She's discerning whether religious life might be for her. Not necessarily with us of course. Although she'd be very welcome. Etc..." It was awkward and confusing. Now I can just be "This is Susan. She's our new pre-candidate."

I'll write more when I get back.

Happy weekend to all who happen upon this blog!
Peace,
Susan

-----------------------------

Updated 8/20/05:





  • Read a great article from the Seattle Times about the Sisters - gives a good feel for the spirit of the community and why they're so "groovy"
  • You can also check out my "Discernment-o-Rama" - a listing of posts about my vocation discernment journey

1 comment:

soul-seeker said...

Hi Susan Rose! You rock! Wishing you all the best with your discernment. It's nice to know there's someone out there who can relate with what I'm going through.

Loved reading your posts.

Peace!