5.20.2005

Holy Spirit Saves Rummage Sale

I stopped by church at 10pm last night after my discernment/formation meeting to see how my cohorts were doing sorting/pricing rummage. Much to be done still, so I stayed for a bit. At 12:30 am my beleaguered friends wanted to call it a night. I'm not sure what prompted me (the Holy Spirit perhaps) but I encouraged all to stay another half hour to see what we could do.

Not 5 minutes later we heard the sound of gushing water. The pipe from the hot water heater had exploded in the parish hall kitchen. Water and steam everywhere. Flooded the kitchen, was encroaching on our parish hall full of sorted and priced rummage. We got the valve turned off. Mopped things up. The sale will go on. Thanks to the Holy Spirit prompting me to suggest we stay a bit longer. Don't want to think what the situation would have been this morning had no one been there.

On another note …...

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST - to put things into perspective, one of the members of our parish peace and justice commission (Ann) is having emergency brain surgery this morning. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Good initial news on my friend. The surgery went well and she seems to be responding well.

My dad had emergency brain surgery last fall. I can more than imagine what my friend's family is going through right about now.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I'm turning comments off for the moment. some annoying sould is spamming me.

Have a good weekend all.

Steve Bogner said...

Good to hear the surgery went well.

Hope the rummage sale goes well!