6.01.2005

Being peace

I worked late last night because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this big project I'm working on. Still not there, but it's within reach!!!! Went home and planned to relax, do some yoga, read. But then I got embroiled in some unfortunate politics at church. E-mails. Some phone calls. Before I knew it the clock said 10:30 and time for prayer & bed!

I'm finding myself called to be a mediating force in this mess. To help people find the path to peaceful relationships. Even though I'M so frustrated that I just want to throw a temper tantrum at times. But that's not helpful I know, and it's not what I'm called to do. Still, it's not fun! Penni at Martha, Martha I think can relate.

This morning when I awoke the prayer that went through my head was the Prayer of St Francis.
Make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

How perfect. A little long to be a mantra, but it will do for today.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I love that prayer- Francis is just so cool- and so present with the Lord. Speaking of Francis, Susan, I have a little post for you on my blog if you want to check it out. I just felt called to post something for you...

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I already posted a thank you on your blog! But thanks again for such a beautiful gift!!! I feel so loved and cared for.