6.14.2005

evaluation time

It’s performance evaluation time at work. We do a self-evaluation of our year’s performance before we meet with our supervisor. It’s a process I’ve always appreciated, and usually I have no problem coming up with loads of wonderful things I’ve done over the year.

This year it’s like pulling teeth. Or blood from a stone. I tried to work on it this afternoon and all I could think about was my autobiography for my groovy sister application.

It’s funny. I’ve actually accomplished quite a lot this year. What I managed to write up looks pretty respectable. But the heart’s not there, that’s the main difference I think

PS – Please keep my friend V and her family in your prayers. Her Dad just died. There’s nothing to prepare you for losing a parent, especially at our age.

It’s got me thinking a lot about my own mom, which is to be expected. I can’t believe it’s almost 2 years since she passed away. She died before I started down this path, but in a way I think she knew.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Well, your heart is definitely in a different place, Susan. That's to be expected- the closer things get to where you want them to get, the more that old stuff falls behind... like chaff from the wheat...
Also, definitely will keep your friend and family in my prayers. I have not lost a parent as yet but I lost a brother and that was heartbreaking. My husband lost his mom 10 years ago now and still can't believe it... love to you as well, Susan, on the loss of your mother. I know she is with you, though, and smiling as you follow your vocation!