6.02.2005

a self-cleaning toy

I have a pint sized friend turning four on Saturday (and a not-so-pint sized friend turning 33 Saturday as well – Happy Birthday Kim!!!!).

Back to the pint sized friend. He’s also my god son. I’m looking forward to the party. Kids parties are the best! Wanted to get him something simple. Like a good god mother I was thinking something useful, constructive & educational … books, art supplies, etc…. But I took a trip down the toy aisle of my neighborhood store and saw ….

this! It’s a crocodile. It’s legos. It’s a crocodile that eats legos. I could not resist. How cute! And yes, my purchase decision was guided by this fact and the fact that Alex I hope will love the lego eating crocodile and yes I’ll admit it, by the fact that I want to play with it. And I’m sure if I’m super nice to my pint sized friend he’ll let me! If not, I know his adopted imaginary friend Bob will let me play with it : ).

Back to the useful, constructive and educational part. Legos are inherently constructive and educational. And it cleans after itself!! Or at least makes cleaning up fun. The crocodile eats the legos! What more could you want?

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hey, that's adorable, Susan! He'll love it! We are lucky enough to have a Lego Land here- my niece just loves it!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

The lego eating crocodile was a big hit!!!!

I've got a sugar induced headache now though ... kid's parties :)