6.23.2005

unexpected community moments

When I got into work this morning (only 5 minutes late!) my friend Hellen was there. A very nice surprise! Hellen is one of the other pre-candidates with the groovy sisters. She and Sr. Jo-Anne drove down from Seattle yesterday so Hellen could have her behavioral assessment - part of the candidacy application process. In yet another small world moment, Sr. Jo-Anne booked them into a hotel two blocks from my office without even realizing how close it was! So last night after a long day at work I moseyed on over to the hotel. The three of us went out for a nice long dinner. Fun, laughter, and a sneak peek at what awaits me in my own psychological assessment!

I was thinking about them this morning on the bus as I made my way to work. So it was great to see Hellen's smiling face in our reception area! She'd gone out for a morning walk and thought she'd pop in to say good morning. And just a bit ago Sr. Jo-Anne stuck her face in my window - they came by to say good bye before the drive back north.

It's been such a blessing to me to find a community of like minded women. Their commitment to social justice and peace, their love of God and neighbor, and the joy with which they live their lives make me feel so at home and filled with hope for the future. And looking forward to the possibility a lifetime of unexpected community moments.

1 comment:

mark said...

It is good to find a place in which we fit. I'm happy that you have found such a place for yourself! (Or, I guess I should say, I'm happy that God has guided you to such a place for yourself!)