6.10.2005

While I'm Away

I’m headed up North this weekend for a much needed visit with the Sisters. It’s been almost 2 months since I’ve had a chance to spend some time with the community. I stay in contact and I’ve been doing my "homework," but it’s tricky being so far away. Analogous I think to a long distance relationship. So needless to say I’m excited for the opportunity to spend some time with them. I need my community "fix."

Some anticipated highlights of the trip:
-Jubilee Liturgy celebrating the 10 Sisters with BIG anniversaries this year (25, 50, 60 and 75 years of vowed life) and celebration afterwards
-Spending some quality time with the other pre-candidates, Sisters & Associates
-Meeting with my contact person to touch base and start talking about next steps-
-Checking out some more books from the Sisters' Library (they have great stuff and no late fees!)
-If the weather cooperates a walk in the woods on the Peace Path
-A visit to the spot with my name on it for a good sit by the lake in a rocking chair (also depending on weather)

Judging by my site meter it looks like while I’m away I’ll hit 2,000 visitors since April 22. Well, I should say 2,000 visits since most of you are repeat visitors. I’m averaging about 40 hits a day. Not that I’m counting or anything, but it is interesting to me that people read my babbling! I hope you all have a safe and blessed weekend doing whatever it is you have planned. I hope to do the same.

Peace,
Susan

2 comments:

Regina said...

Susan- have a very peaceful and rejuvenating time with the Groovy Sisters- say a prayer for me, as I do for you...

Steve Bogner said...

But it's such *interesting* and *rewarding* babbling! Have a great weekend.