7.25.2005

finding my way by twos

One
This morning after breakfast with the sisters and then sitting at my spot on the lake, I walked up the hill to the main building and found the peace labyrinth. Normally when I walk the labyrinth I try to bring something tricky, something I’ve been struggling with in prayer. More times than not by the time I find my way out, I’m more at peace with it even if I haven’t "figured it out", which does sometimes happen. Today I brought my desire to trust – in God and in the process. By the time I got to the center of the labyrinth, I’d twisted and turned. I had to sidestep one section because the wildflowers were overgrowing and the bees were buzzing. But I knew where that part went and in the end, I found the center. Again I followed the twisting path, and I found my way out. The thing about the labryinth is you get caught up in the moment of the twists and turns. It doesn’t seem like all that activity is going to get you where you’re going, but it does. You (I) just need to trust. Extrapolate as needed.


Two
The drive home should take 3 hours via the freeway. One stretch took me 2 ¼ hours (and 4 long phone calls on my cell) to go 2 miles. But I had my trusty map that I picked up at the rest stop several trips ago. I took the first exit we came to and took some country roads to the next freeway entrance. 12 miles of freeway took me 32 miles of country road, but when I got back on I’d bypassed the accident that was causing the backup. Yes your twisting path will get you there eventually, but sometimes, especially when it seems like you’re stuck and going no where, it’s ok to try another path. Oftentimes it’s the best way to get back on track to where you’re going.
Please pray for the folks who were involved in the car accident, as well as all travelers on this day.

No comments: