7.15.2005

for my loyal lurkers

I’m house & dog sitting this weekend, living in the lap of luxury with two larger than lap-dogs. I woke up humming “The One I Love” by REM …. “This one goes out to the one I love …. A simple prop, to occupy my time …”. My inner dejay was calling and so I decided to post something for all the lurkers out there. You KNOW who you are. I know that my small group of readers represents a wide audience, but I also know that the following applies to some of you:
  • Do you find your weekly ministry more life-giving and energizing than your 40-hour work week?
  • Do you hide vocation literature under your bed or away in your closet? (OR check discernment blogs????!)
  • Does the idea of becoming a sister, brother or priest keep coming back time and time again?
  • Do you feel called to give more, to be more?
  • Does your relationship with God sustain you, enliven you, invigorate you in such a way that you want to share the Good News with others?
  • Do you long for MORE?
  • Do you have a sneaking suspicion that you are on the brink of a major life decision?
  • Are you afraid to tell friends and family that you are thinking about a Church vocation?
    Do you feel a recurring tug in your heart to serve others more?

If you answered yes to three or more, you're not crazy, God's just trying to tell you something. You owe it to yourself to check it out. And from my experience, those pesky thoughts won’t go away on their own anyway. So talk to your pastor or spiritual director, check out some of the vocation resources on the sidebar or contact a community or two.

For my other readers, if you sense someone around you is having these thoughts, be a gentle support. They’ll need you.

Have a good day everyone!

… vocation plug over :)

(“Vocations Anonymous” test found many places on the internet … by Sr. Kathy Bryant of the LA Archdiocese Vocation Office.)

A FINAL NOTE TO THE LURKERS - Lurk all you want. Take your time. Read about my journey. That's kind of the point ... you are VERY welcome and I give thanks for you!

2 comments:

~pen~ said...

i answered *yes* to five of them.

does that mean something to a married woman with three children??

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Penni,

I am by no means surprised! From what I know of you from your blog, you are definitely living out a call to do *more*.

Of course our church is a bit sticky when it comes to what *more* women are able to do - married or not!

I have a feeling though that God has some definite plans for you :) .... how cool to see how it unfolds?

Peace,
Susan