5.13.2005

Inner Dejay Part II

You can't help it, but sometimes a song just gets stuck in your head. I've been trying to go with this lately and think of it as my Inner Dejay giving me the message I need to hear. It is funny how usually it's a song you don't particularly like or are sick of. At the moment, it's "Wonderwall" by Oasis.

I don't believe that anybody feels
The way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

And all the roads that lead to you were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things that I would
like to say to you I don't know how

Said maybe
You're gonna be the one that
saves me


Now, sing the song in your head or read the lyrics if you don't know the tune as a prayer. Not what it was intended to be I'm sure, but it becomes pretty darn powerful. And is in fact where I'm at right now in my prayer. I'm on this journey, but it's a crazy journey and I have no idea where it ends up or how I get there. The road is winding and the lights are blinding. I come to God in prayer but don't know what to say. But maybe it doesn't matter, 'cause God will in fact be the one that saves me.

Now, if the song (and Liam Gallagher's voice) would just get out of my head.

4 comments:

Paully said...

many people think the inner dj occurs because your brain cannot remember how the song goes and is working it out at your expense. another theory is that you are experiencing something which fired "a neuron" which also was fired when you heard the song. there are probably as many reasons and theories for this as there are diddies to hum...

lorem ipsum said...

Hello Susan Rose -

I surfed on in to your blog and I wanted to tell you that it's lovely and also inspirational. You're going to make one cool sister if you ultimately go through with it!

Yesterday I heard a cover of 'Wonderwall,' by Ryan Adams. It's very quiet and has that almost supplicating spin on it like you cited. It did occur to me then that it's like a prayer... oddly enough.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you have a fan. Peace be with you.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I always wanted to have a fan!

Michelle said...

D'oh! Now I've got that song in my head too! LOL -- though there are far worse songs that could be stuck there.

I'd never stopped to think about those lyrics in that way. Yeah, it does have a sort of prayful aspect to them.

Cool post. :)