8.24.2005

whomping willow attacks car

Busy busy busy day at work. Working feverishly with my deadline looming next Thursday. Trying oh so much to care and not be too annoyed by all the curveballs I’m being thrown.

Worked a little late. Then left, got my car, and drove to the Cathedral for a Taize Memorial Service for Brother Roger. Got there a little early, figuring it would take forever to find parking.


Found a spot. Right in front. Cool I thought. I can go inside to the quiet and just be for a bit.


Was so busy planning to sit and pray that I didn’t realize the GIANT tree leaning into the street. As I pulled forward into the spot, the tree attacked my passenger side view mirror. Left it attached, but just barely. My very own whomping willow. I swear it came out of no where.

Ugghh…. I was still 30 minutes early, so I walked to a local store to buy some duct tape. Taped the mirror back onto my car so the drive home would be safe. Then went inside, making it just in time for the start of the service.

Which was great. Beautiful music. Prayerful. Powerful. Peaceful.

Would have been even better if I didn’t now face the task of figuring out how to fix the car and where to find the money to do so.

Life. It’s messy sometimes.



1 comment:

Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Might occasion a reflection something along the lines of "How God is Like Duct Tape," or something like that!