11.22.2005

7.27

Saw this on Talmida who saw it on Happy Catholic who saw it on Regina Clare Jane (who is back!). You look up the verses in the 4 Gospels that match your birthday to get your "birth verse." So being born on July 27 we have .... (drumroll please) ...

Matthew 7:27
"The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined." - interestingly enough, part of the passage I reflected on for the revgalblogpal advent book

Mark 7:27
He said to her, "Let the children be fed first. For it is not right to take the food of the children and throw it to the dogs."

Luke 7:27
This is the one about whom scripture says: 'Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.'

John 7:27
But we know where he is from. When the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.

And for fun, Wisdom 7:27
And she, who is one, can do all things, and renews everything while herself perduring; And passing into holy souls from age to age, she produces friends of God and prophets.

For the record, I'm really digging the Luke and Wisdom verses as my "birth verses."

4 comments:

Regina said...

Hi Susan! Yes, I am glad to be back- I really missed my blogging buddies! I have so much to catch up on! Love your birth verses- they are very interesting!

StBlog said...

Cool. I'm going to have to check that out (with a little fear and trembling) - hope mine isn't one of those "you viper, you hypocrite" kinds of verses!

Karen Sapio said...

Yes, I've done this before--only we played that you could use any book in the bible that had enough chapters to reach your birth month. Since I'm a July baby, the field was pretty much wide open for me except for some minor prophets and pastoral epistles.

sister mary alternative said...

wow, even better than taking your first pet's name and the name of the street you grew up on to come up with your drag queen name!
peace,
pepper 85