11.22.2005

save the date

Fourth post's the charm. Or something like that. Just a quick note to share than when I returned home from the movies, I had the groovy sister congregation council report in my mail box. Among other things it tells me that the entrance date for the Congregation Novitiate (which will be in Englewood Cliffs, NJ) is September 8, 2006. Granted we have to get from here to there, but now I have a date to keep in mind.

What was not in my mail box was my 5 copies of the revgalblogpals advent book I ordered for friends. But the post office tracking says it was delivered. I fear an unkind soul stole them from my mailbox and I am now out $50. One can only hope they open up the package and are transformed and converted by the brilliant reflections inside.

3 comments:

Steph Youstra said...

WHOO-HOO!!! I'll have to be sure to fill you in on all the ins-and-outs of what I so reverently referred to as "lockdown" ... otherwise known as "the canonical novitiate". :-)

I wonder how far that is from when I take my trips home ....

No matter. Congratulations, and enjoy your holiday.

And, may I reiterate once more my wishes for plenty of warm fuzzy socks for those soon-to-be-forthcoming cold-feet moments.

Peace out & blessings!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, congratulations, CONGRATULATIONS!

What a wonderful date to be selected for your reception, the Birthday of our Blessed Mother, the Nativity of our Lady.

Will your reception be here (NJ) or there (WA) and then you will travel here?

I, too, wish you lots of warm fuzzies and very few cold feet moments.

Peace,
Lisa

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

All I know at this point is location and date. Other details I'm sure will be shared as they take form.

Also need to journey through this year of candidacy, apply for novitiate in the spring, and be accepted (God willing) in the summer before we have too many congratulations.

Still, good o know the date and place so I can begin getting me head around the concept. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I have a gift/curse of thinking ahead.

And Steph, yes please! Any insights would be great. I feel like I know nothing.