12.02.2005

decorations

I left work early. There were noxious gas fumes in the building, and our maintenance folks didn’t seem any closer to figuring out the problem. So, I took my asthmatic self home. Brought work home with me too, but first I’ll play the revgalblogpal Friday Five….

1) Do you display a nativity scene, and if so, where?
Yes, in the house. Haven’t put it out yet, but it’s in my living room. The 3 kings however, in a family tradition, start in another part of the house. Each day they get closer and closer. On Christmas eve Jesus appears in the manger. And on January 6 the kings finally make it there.

2) Do you put a skirt under the Christmas tree? If so, what does it look like?
No. Don’t have a real tree. My artificial tree (long story but basically I didn’t have a car for years and was tired of lugging a tree home) died two years ago. I bought a small mini artificial tree this year to display the few sentimental ornaments I decided to keep in my recent getting rid of stuff binge.

3) Do you hang lights on the house or put them in your windows?
I’ll admit I put some star lights in my front window 2 Christmases ago. Have never taken them down, but I only plug them in during winter time.

4) White lights or colored lights on the tree? Big bulbs or the small, pretty ones? (I'm not biased...much.)
My little fake tree is prestrung with some little white ones.

5) Do you have a tree topper? What sort? Who puts it on top of the tree?
When I had the big tree I had an angel that went on top. But after 5 years searching for the perfect tree topper, I gave up.

Now back to doing some work during this working from home as a noxious fume filled building refugee.

No comments: