12.03.2005

home on the range

It's Saturday and I'm in my Portland home. No groovy sister reserves this weekend. But I've got two days chock full not of chores, which I guess I'm ignoring for the time being, but catching up with friends.

Brunch with one friend this morning after mass, then a baby shower, then babysitting my goddaughter and her big brother. Tomorrow a crafty morning over tea with a friend, then going out for tea with another friend, then mass, then going out for a beer with a long lost friend who is visiting from out of town.

Not sure how wise it is to try to cram that much visiting into this introvert's weekend at home, but I am excited for the opportunity to catch up with everyone. It seems like ages.

Peace Out,
Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love catching up with friends like that. You gotta do it. To me, friends are so important. Blessings for a wonderful weekend. Though it may be exhausting to your introvert soul in one way, may it be truly refreshing in other ways.
Peace

Anonymous said...

The chores will do themselves...have fun with your friends!

Lisa said...

Friendships are what sustains a person through life. Friendship is also both the blessing and challenge of religious life. In the end one comes to appreciate that it's the quality of time spent together and the nature and depth of the relationship that matter most especially when the quantity of time is minimal or sometimes infrequent.