12.21.2005

Groovy Sister Reserves ... the Christmas Special!

Christmastime is here. I'll be spending the holiday with my local community of Sisters up in Seattle. I'm heading up tomorrow afternoon, will be back in town Monday. I might post while I'm gone. Might not. We'll see.

Our house seems to have lots of traditions that I'm looking forward to experiencing.

  • We're going together to a Christmas choral concert tomorrow night.
  • Saturday morning we're spending some time together as a house in silent prayer to get ready for Christmas - I'm intrigued by this.
  • Christmas Eve Dinner as a house. Then presents. (After we say evening prayers of course!)
  • Liturgy at the church across the parking lot Christmas morning. (I love just walking out the door 5 minutes before mass!)
  • Christmas Dinner with loads of guests to make a full house (like Thanksgiving).

Should be fun. In a way I'm glad I wasn't able to take enough time off work to justify a cross-country trek for a family Christmas. It will be nice to spend the time with my new community instead. And nice to not spend time stuck in airports facing the inevitable weather delays.

Peace & a very merry Christmas to you all!
Susan

4 comments:

~pen~ said...

sounds wonderful, susan rose :)

a blessed and Merry Christmas to you and your new family!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Sounds like fun! I am jealous. I remember Thanksgiving with my GS's last year--I guess it was the Sunday before, but still what wonderful crowded fun!

Steph Youstra said...

Glad to "watch" you on these stages of your journey .... and revisit my own initial "firsts".

As always .... enjoy!

great sandwich! said...

sounds blessed. i'm stuck in an airport right now...