12.14.2005

tell me about your ....

Well, I survived. The dreaded psychological evaluation that is. Although to be more exact it was a behavioral assessment. In any case I survived the 3 hours and he will now send a report to the province leadership at some point in the nearish future. And so will end my application process for becoming a groovy sister candidate. Of course I already am a candidate!

After it was clear to me that I’d managed to survive 3 hours talking about very personal matters with a complete stranger – granted a very nice and respectful stranger who happened to be a priest – I went out to the parking lot to get in my car for the hour drive home. Except that the car didn’t start.


Guess I’d been so distracted when I’d arrived that I’d left my lights on. For the full 3 hours. Hence my battery was dead.

So I swallowed my pride and went back in. Found the nice gentleman I’d spend the 3 hours with. Who in turn found the maintenance guys. Who jumped my battery and got me on my merry way.

I guess there wasn’t enough drama to the story. My subconscious had to add some dramatic effect to the episode by forgetting to turn off the lights!

I am glad that it’s over with. At this stage any way. There’s always more drama (and applications) to come. Depending on how candidacy goes I think I can apply for novitiate in the Spring.

7 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

I like Kevin's idea. But it is a charming story you can tell to new noviates (is that the word?) when you're old and gray. Remember cars that ran on gas?

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

novices

and I'll admit, I was impressed at how I handled the mini-crisis - as in didn't panic or burst into tears :)

Steph Youstra said...

Again, I give a resounding Whoo-Hoo to You.

seeking_something said...

Kevin ... you see why I like guys? They're so funny.

Surely, it's not worst than a visit to the gynecologist.

Steph Youstra said...

Yeah, well, Seeking .... that's part of the process too. But I don't think Kevin can answer that part of your question. :-)

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Yes the gyn visit IS part of the process. For a bit of gallows humor check out by post on that experience ...

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

oops. didn't mean to post a link to no where.

Let's try this again