1.30.2006

My friend Jesus


jesusgalilee
Originally uploaded by susanrose.

Reading Tuesday's Gospel story (where Jesus is beseiged by folks when he gets out of the boat and does miracle after miracle) I was reminded of this post. I imagine Jesus felt a bit dazed, kind of like he looks like here in my cartoon creation. And so I give you, a blast from this blog's not so long ago past.

Originally posted May 23, 2005

I'm having too much fun with the build your own character tool. I am now safely ensconced on my couch, lap top in hand. And I created .....

My friend Jesus, at sunset, on the shores of the sea of galilee. He's had a long day trying to share the good news with those disciples of his who don't quite get it. But he's not willing to give up on them, or on us!

I remember a trip to the Oregon coast last summer. I was sitting on the beach, watching the sun set and I thought ... that's the SAME SUN that Jesus watched set over the sea of galilee. That's the same sun that Dorothy Day, Thomas Merton, Martin Luther King Jr., and my great great great great great grandparents watched set.

I mean, you know that. But sometimes you KNOW and find yourself so grateful to be on this journey called life. In the company of the friends, family and communion of saints who have gone before.

(Thanks to Mark for the inspiration of making my own Jesus!)

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

too cool! I'm doing one, too.