2.24.2006

Friendship Friday Five

Songbird gives us this Revgalblogpal Friday Five:


I've been reflecting this week on the gift of friendship, of people who will be there no matter what you need or when you need it. Sometimes a friend accompanies us through a dark place or dances with us through a joyful time or simply walks down the road of an ordinary time beside us. Name five friends who have been there when you needed them.

Ok, I’ll play ….. the short answer is all my friends have been such a blessing to me though the highs and lows. But I’ll take the risk of highlighting a few of the memorable moments – in no particular order of course and rest assured there are many more!

Nicole, who drove half an hour in the middle of the night to come over when my mom passed away, just to give me a much needed hug and help packing. Who then dropped off little care packages on my door step when I wasn’t up to seeing people.

Kathy who was the best roommate I’ve ever had and who has helped me to perfect the art of doing nothing on a Saturday morning.

Melissa who is as loyal as her adorable two dogs and always finds time in her busy schedule for a friend.

CoCo, who has been there to make me have fun and be silly over the years and is there when I need her for something more serious.

My brother Michael, who has taken on the role of being the person I call when something horrible happens (car accident, broken tooth, etc…) and I want to call my mom. Yes he’s my brother, but he’s a friend.

That’s five … trust me I could go on and on but then I’d be past the requisite five AND late for work!!!

Happy Friday to the blogosphere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Friday to you! Thanks for playing. It feels good to name our friends, doesn't it?